Regional Event Operations Manager, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are seeking a regional Events Operations Manager with a passion for live events, audio-visual experiences, team management, and a commitment to program execution to join our Event Operations team. Our ideal candidate should have strong problem-solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, exposure to installed audio-visual systems, and abilities in project management. This role is based in Singapore.
- Manage a growing team of Technical Producers and services across APAC region. Provide guidance and leadership and drive the overall direction of APAC Events Operations Team.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, high impact services to our stakeholders and manage the partnerships.
- Capture and analyze metrics in order to make data driven decisions for the business . Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Liaise between Vendors, clients, support and business functions. Direct and oversee work of Video Production Vendors and Audio Visual Support Vendors. Cultivate a network of global event resources and provide Event Ops Manager with reports on vendor performance.
- Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting. Provides regular updates on regional business, blockers, etc. to leadership.
- Responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery.
- Create the operational systems, processes and policies in support of Facebook mission, improve management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning. Communicate and enforce Facebook standards and help define new standards as technology and scope evolves.
- 8+ years of technical event production experience.
- 5+ years of equipment operation experience in live event environment.
- 3+ years working in a project management role.
- Able to operate equipment to support Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video and Graphics Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting), Video Recording and Camera Operation, Internet Broadcast Video Streaming, Network Infrastructure Assessment, Set design, and IT operations and Support.
- Knowledge of technical event support system architectures.
- Data Driven decision-making mindset.
- APAC regional experience is highly preferred.