Accountant II (GL)
Professional and specialized office/support jobs emphasizing accounting principles and practices as well as financial planning and management systems.
Support Job Category:
- Checks and verifies cost accounting, account payable records, prepares invoices and vouchers, types, files, posts ledger and general journal entries, and/or balances accounts payable and accounts receivable records.
- Uses office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
- May reconcile difficult accounts. May maintain a complete and systematic set of transactions in a specific phase of accounting.
- Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Performs economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
Professional Job Category:
- Develops, implements and/or maintains one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, etc. Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
- Balances books and prepares profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements.
- Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns.
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy.
- May generate revenue reports for internal and/or external use.
- May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations.
Management Job Category:
- Manages the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures.
- Designs operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Ensures integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
- Participates in annual audits and special projects.
- May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes.
- Qualified in the practice of accounting.
- Responsible for reporting financial results in accordance with government and regulatory authority rules.
Location: Teparuk, TH
Must be certified to hold this title in Malaysia.