Senior Quality Engineer
We are now looking for a talented professionals to join our Quality team here at the Seletar Assembly and Test Facility where you can be part of the assembly of our Trent engines on the shopfloor.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and a collaborative approach, we're putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry and we'll keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world, we're keeping the world flying.
- To support the Team of 4 (To4) activities within the respective build lines in managing the build health and drive improvements through analysis of the various quality metrics, while ensuring compliance to processes.
- Support daily Team of 4 (To4) meetings and activities to provide oversight of activities and decisions made are in compliance with the RRMS and regulatory requirements.
- Effective management of non-conformances by leading the governance of containment activities and/or governance (coaching) of investigations for both external and internal customer escapes, using problem resolution tools and methodologies (i.e. JDI, 3C, 8D, etc)
- Evaluate quality history or metrics (output from Quality Systems) - such as QN, CONQ, Concessions - to assess the build health (performance) of the product and/or flowline, and to initiate or recommend suitable corrective and preventive actions or projects to drive Zero Defects within the flowline.
- Facilitate supplier containment through interfacing between Containment team (G&P), and Lineside Engineering team, while ensuring all necessary corrective actions have specific owners and target dates in place to safeguard the safety and integrity of the product.
- Facilitate the investigation with the respective SQEs, suppliers and external stakeholders through interfacing with the local Ops and Manufacturing Engineering team, to drive for root cause investigation and effective containment using the appropriate problem resolution tools and methodologies.
- Effective governance of Risk Release and CAT 1 concession management for the respective flowlines to ensure that the respective stakeholders - such as Project, Ops, etc - have been informed and agreed.
- Support NPI activities within the flowline, while ensuring read across of best practices from similar products, and applicable quality systems and structure.
- Maintain and govern containment tracker to ensure all customer complaint and high impact investigations are validated (liability) by respective To4 and have sufficient / adequate containment in place, prior to handing over 8D investigation to the agreed owners. (Responsibility of single point of contact within Product Quality Team)
- Ensure all supplier containment are reviewed and escalated to the respective stakeholders at the earliest opportunity, to safeguard the safety and integrity of the product prior to dispatch. (Responsibility of single point of contact within Product Quality Team)
- Maintain and govern Risk Release tracker to ensure all risk releases are reviewed (i.e. documentation completeness, approvals) and escalated to the respective stakeholders, to safeguard the safety and integrity of the product prior to test and dispatch.
- Degree or Diploma qualification in engineering.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant product/part experience in an aerospace business.
- You will have a strong customer focus, able to effectively influence and challenge appropriately to manage customer expectations.
- Understanding of quality related processes in the assembly test operations
- A background of quality or business improvement roles with experience of investigation and auditing would be advantageous.