Business Desk Lead
The India Partner Business Desk Lead of Amazon Internet Service Private Limited, will work with India based Global System Integrator (GSI’s) pre-sales organizations (horizontal and vertical) to collaboratively win RFP opportunities by providing high level AWS cloud solutions, blue prints and technical write-ups, work with the AISPL Partner SAs on more sophisticated technical/architectural aspects of the solution, and address business commercials of AISPL through investments, discounts, and other resources to win.
In providing Bid and Proposal support, the India Business Desk lead will hold the responsibility of supporting a Partner’s RFP bid to win effort by injecting AWS’s cloud services differentiation into the Partner’s proposal.
The Business Desk lead will ensure:
- The right bid support resources are in place, and the RFP opportunity is a quality one for AWS cloud
- A strong technical AWS solution is in place for the Partner’s bid
- Complete and thorough AISPL proposal documentation is integrated into the Partner’s proposal
- The best pricing and commercial terms for AWS cloud have been provided to the Partner for their pricing model
To be successful on the above tasks, the India Business Desk lead will need to be able to:
- Develop high-level technical solutions
- Write technical proposals
- Construct, communicate, and defend AISPL commercial terms and pricing for AWS cloud services, and
- Establish relationships with Partner personnel.
The candidate will need to have both technical and business backgrounds, like to write, and a desire to obtain AWS certification. The position will deep dive and write a specific pieces of the proposal and defend at orals where applicable and be able to develop TCO analyses and pricing for the purposes of inserting summaries and results into proposals.
The ideal candidate will have the business/technical background to engage at a leadership level and field level, as well as strong technical competency focused on Cloud computing more specifically AWS Services. The individual will work closely with one or more Pre-sales leaders from some of the large India-based global system integrators (GSI) and have a demonstrated ability to think technically and strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, along with the ability to build strong relationships within the GSI organization. They will work with Alliance leads to support specific horizontal and vertical market segments and enable GSIs to enhance their delivery capabilities.
As a Bid Desk and Proposal Support resource for the AISPL’s GSI team, you will support the effort to deliver game-changing solutions and deal-winning commercial terms to global customers in India. You have an exciting opportunity to support strategies to build mindshare; broad use of AWS’s services both infrastructure, and platform services (Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon Polly, Amazon Sagemaker, Amazon Redshift etc). Your responsibilities include working with members of partner teams to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for RFIs/RFTs/RFPs (RFx); oral presentations and demonstrations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Anchor medium to large size, proactive and reactive bids / RFPs.
- Drive solution strategy & create win themes mapped to customer business requirements (in collaboration with partner teams)
- Execute the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Solution Architects, Partner Development Managers, Field Sales etc.).
- Collaborate with Service Lines to craft an optimized solution
- Qualify RFP opportunities
- Interact with Global bid teams to understand Amazon global practices and policies for optimizing deal commercials
- Prepare winning proposals that meet client business needs with attractive value propositions and TCO analyses.
- Work with alliance teams to enable partner revenue growth
- Develop win themes, technical discriminators, and innovative pricing strategies working with AISPL stakeholders.
- Contribute to RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance, and act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts.
- Provide input to a library of approved proposal content for quick-turnaround opportunities.
- Be a thought leader with preparing/developing proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, pricing, etc.
- Ensure that AWS is the partner’s preferred cloud-computing platform across all service lines.
- 8 – 12 years of experience
- Strong technical and/or proposal writing capability
- Technical solutioning experience
- Commercial terms and pricing negotiation experience
- Experience with RFPs and pre-sales process within large system integrator organizations
- 3+ years of proposal management experience
- Good knowledge and application of AWS services, and particularly AWS certification
- MBA would be an added advantage
- Experience in any of the roles Project Manager / Project Lead / Architect / Tech Lead / Pre-Sales
- Ability to develop appropriate thematic graphics using standard desktop tools.
- Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including the ability to push back on requests that pull the role out of it intended scope.