We are looking for a Train and Sustain (T&S) Manager within MDT to help our team members advance their skills and knowledge. This role is designed for leading the ‘Train and Sustain’ team which is aimed to strengthen the tax training framework and to support MDT operations by taking part in operational activities and projects. The role provides a very good exposure towards conceptualizing and delivery of training, stakeholder management as well as Direct tax compliance and Group reporting practices of various countries.
As part of Train function, the candidate would be expected to spend his/her time in undertaking training initiatives for MDT group & as part of Sustain function, the candidate is expected to support the country team in their operational deliverables.
Candidate would be required to spend his/her time of around 80% in the Train function as a lead while around 20% in the Sustain Function. The role involves individual contributor responsibilities, as a facilitator of trainings (Train Function) and also as a reviewer of a limited number of high complex/material legal entities/AoOs (Sustain Function).
The accountabilities include the following:
1. HSSE: Ensure sound HSSE practice in day-to-day work.
2. Tax and Finance related Training:
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs. Conceptualize training needs of the MDT team and ensure delivery of training with a view to reduce the learning curve and to bring down the lead ‘time to delivery’ of staff (typically 3 months);
- Implement various learning methods MDT wide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training) by evaluating individual and organizational development needs;
- Provide steer and guide the team in developing training content and testing model/packs; Conceptualize and implement framework to monitor knowledge level of staff;
- Ownership of MDT Learning & Development Curriculum including ensuring periodic review and update of content;
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings;
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities;
- Help operational managers develop their team members through career pathing;
- Build and maintain a SME forum/network, provide/co-ordinate for technical advice if need be during Q-Close for queries;
- Facilitate tax technical training, also undertake tax accounting trainings;
- Ensure delivery of other soft skill training like Activity Based Learning, Resilience including facilitation of sessions;
3. CI Responsibilities:
- Proactively lead/participate in various key initiatives sponsored by MDT Leadership team;
4. People and stake holder Management;
- Hire and oversee training for T&S Specialists;
- Provide steer in prioritization of work engagements, managing team timelines in consultation with the relevant stakeholders and planning resource allocation;
- Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers;
- Manage and coach team members operationally/functionally and passionately invest time in developing team members;
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
- Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed into processes as relevant;