This position will be based in Shanghai and report to China Finance Manager.
- Support Boeing China entities in accounting, compliance, tax and other statutory requirements.
- Provide oversight of day-to-day accounting activities and requirements as well as providing oversight to work perform by accounting outside service provider.
- Prepare periodic local entity filings including VAT, interim CTR, YE CTR and others.
- Communicate with other Boeing functions, departments, teams or business units on accounting matters, including providing Accounting analysis and recommendations for Accounting treatment based on local entity accounting standards and US general accounting standards.
- Adaptability and flexibility, working in a dynamic multi-national company, is required to support changing tasks and obligations to meet business goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment is a must during month end closing and annual audit cycles.
Daily Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Administers accounts receivables to include processing of monthly invoicing, customer statements and collection of receivables.
- Administers expenses and accounts payables to include:
- Invoice coding/Approval/Entry 9 (matching against Goods Receipt)
- Vendors point of contact
- Corporate card (Reconciliation and entries)
- SAFE approval documentation for overseas payments and on-line submission
- Handle all kinds of bank payments, collect and deliver of documents to banks and Govt Departments.
- Maintains fixed asset register in financial system.
- Tags/verifies fixed assets to ensure proper accounting of fixed assets
- Prepares reconciliation statements for bank accounts, accounts receivables, etc to ensure timely and proper accounting of reconciling items due to timing differences.
Reporting & Analysis
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, expenses and capital to support preparation of financial statements and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position
Reporting (for external purposes)
- Prepares the withholding tax on a monthly basis
- Prepares the audit and tax schedules for annual external audit and income tax returns
- Assists in responding to queries generated by auditor and relevant local authorities
Other duties and responsibilities assigned by Finance Manager and APAC Regional Finance leader.
- Collaboration: Works together with others by incorporating ideas, suggestions and advice while respecting others’ viewpoints, opinions, backgrounds and styles.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates a sense of urgency when working with both internal and external customers; available and responsive to customers’ needs and wants and seeks opportunities to satisfy customers’ expectations.
- Fiscal Acumen: Demonstrates understanding of profit/loss concept makes suggestions or initiates proposals to control expenses and optimise revenue.
- Organisation and Accomplishment: Plans, prioritizes and completes work efficiently. Manages multiple tasks simultaneously while achieving the desired outcome and quality of work. Self-starting work ethics with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Professional / Technical Expertise: Has good working knowledge of accounting and possesses good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other programs.
Typical Education/Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance related major, with 2+ years accounting or finance experience.
- Experience on accounting, compliance and tax with minimum 3 years in actual work and candidate is eligible to work in China Mainland
- Language fluency in Mandarin & English both in written and verbal.
- Experience on Oracle and SAP accounting systems is highly preferred.
- Knowledge on PRC and US GAAP is required.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.