Duty Free and Merchandising Demand Planner
As a demand planner, responsibilities include both demand management and inventory planning of specific product lines such as Duty-Free products (i.e. Tax-exempted) and other AirAsia on-board merchandise.
The planner ensures an adequate supply of product to service customer needs while minimizing working inventory investment by assessing demand activity. The planner will reflect demand changes in our planning systems to ensure high accuracy of forecast needs and ensure accuracy in inventory records, item usage history, and forecasting files.
- Responsible in managing a min of 200 SKU (Duty-free products and others).
- Mange stocks from aging and ensure depletion plans are put in place with Product Owner
- Facilitate meetings with sales teams to valid forecasts over and above core business
- Conduct financial risk assessments on above
- Conduct root case analysis when necessary
- Support internal customer service inquiries to update on take up rate
- Identify current and potential product shortages, develop and execute recovery, advise interested parties of status and recovery plans.
- Maintain and update master files - eg: items, vendors, etc.
- Constant interaction with sales and assessment of demand requirements. Reflect changes in SKU level forecasts.
- Coordinate SKU level unit forecasts with agreed to Product Category revenue expectations.
- Achieve consensus on operating plans and inventory goals.
- Provide reports and requested information to management as needed.
- Develop systems and procedures required to meet service and inventory turn objectives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Good understanding of Supply Chain Metrics/ Demand Planning.
- Minimum qualification of Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain/Business disciplines or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 to 6 years' experience in Demand Planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills English.
- Planning coordination with the AirAsia's subsidiaries.
- Ability to bond with sales and marketing organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with warehouse department, Logistics Department, In-Flight Department.
- Hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite. Intermediate/Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups).
- Willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities.
- Good understanding of Master Data and Databases.
- Experience in process improvement initiatives.
- Team player, experience in working in a highly cross-functional organization.